He knows my name!

My life verse: "I will give you the treasures of darkness And hidden riches of secret places, That you may know that I, the Lord, Who call you by your name, Am the God of Israel." (Isaiah 45:3). For me, "the treasures of darkness" has been the medically-treated depression that I have suffered off and on with for years. More than anything else in my life, I think this has made me realize how much my Savior loves me and has deepened my relationship with God. The "hidden riches of secret places" are my wonderful family and this fabulous craft--tatting! I thank God for both!
I think it is awesome that God knows my name! Did you know that He knows yours?

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Pattern--Flower Pins


This is the pattern by Maggie Brown. The flowers are shown on my post "Lace Escape IV --part 2 on July 11"

To get a pdf of the pattern CLICK HERE

Maggie just gave me the numbers at the retreat...this is the first time I've written out a pattern, so let me know of any changes I need to make.
Flower petals and base:

String 98 beads. To make like my original pin that I made at the Lace Escape, String 7 of color A, 7 of color B, 7 of color A, 7 of color B, etc. Most of the other pins that I made, I used a single color.

Ring 1: (Place 7 beads on the back of the hand) 7ds, vsp, 2ds, 1B, 1ds, 1B, 1ds, 1B, 1ds, 1B, 1ds, 1B, 1ds, 1B, 1ds, 1B, 2ds vsp, 7ds, close ring.

Ring cluster: (Place 7 beads on the back of the hand) 1 ds, 7b, 1ds, close ring.

Rings 2-6: (Place 7 beads on the back of the hand) 7ds, + (to last picot made), 2ds, 1B, 1ds, 1B, 1ds, 1B, 1ds, 1B, 1ds, 1B, 1ds, 1B, 1ds, 1B, 2ds, vsp, 7ds, close ring. Follow with a ring cluster.

Ring 7: (Place 7 beads on the back of the hand) 7ds, +, 2ds, 1B, 1ds, 1B, 1ds, 1B, 1ds, 1B, 1ds, 1B, 1ds, 1B, 1ds, 1B, 2ds, + (to first picot on Ring 1), 7ds, close ring. Follow with ring cluster and tie off to the base of Ring 1.

Inner ring cluster. String 18 beads. Ring: 1ds, 3B, 1ds, 3B, 1ds, 3B, 1ds, 3B, 1ds, 3B, 1ds, 3B, 1ds, close ring. Insert in the center of the flower.

Maggie suggests using E6000 glue to attach the flower to a tie tack base. I changed the Ring Cluster to have 9 beads instead of 7 on many of my flowers.

There has been a revision of the pattern made.  It can be seen on this blog here:   http://www.thethreadbears.com/blog/?page_id=285

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome, I'm going to have to try it. I sure hope I can figure it out, I love beads and tatting together. Thank you to you and please thank Maggie for me also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I really like your beaded flowers. I am trying to figure out who you are. I go to Hector every year and sometimes believe it or not...I also forget my name tag tat I made. I was wonder since you have been to Hector that maybe you don't live to far from me. I live in Canandaigua, New YOrk. If you look in your booklet from Hector you should find my email address. Could you write to me? Glad you are posting. Love your doilies too. I made Lucky Clover doily in a Vandani Quilting variegated thread in greens and see yours in white I didn't recognize the pattern. Isn't that funny? I hope I hear back from you.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry, I will respond to your private email. I'd love to use some of the beautiful quilting threads, but I have trouble seeing anything smaller than size 20 thread.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my readers!