He knows my name!

My life verse: "I will give you the treasures of darkness And hidden riches of secret places, That you may know that I, the Lord, Who call you by your name, Am the God of Israel." (Isaiah 45:3). For me, "the treasures of darkness" has been the medically-treated depression that I have suffered off and on with for years. More than anything else in my life, I think this has made me realize how much my Savior loves me and has deepened my relationship with God. The "hidden riches of secret places" are my wonderful family and this fabulous craft--tatting! I thank God for both!
I think it is awesome that God knows my name! Did you know that He knows yours?

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Shirt Back--Jennifer's Button




I am preparing to post a tutorial on a "Reusable Ribbon Bow"--the pictures are not behaving.  Somehow this "draft" got published in part, and now some people are looking for it.  Sorry--hopefully it is coming soon!  BUT there is a pattern posted at the bottom of this page!!

I looked at many images on "Google Images" and on Pinterest that had no design author credited.  I did not want to copy anyone's designs--but wanted them to "inspire me."  These three designs are my own work, if they are too much like someone else's previous work--please inform me--and I will gladly give that person credit.

(Left) Lizbeth, size 20, # 122 Carribbean


(Both on right) Lizbeth, size 20, # 633- Purple Dark






Then I set about to try to create my own design.  I'd like to thank Sue W. and Sonya L. who first tested this pattern for me.  Jane Eborall gave it a final test, and proofread my pattern and made wonderful suggestions!  
Introducing--Jennifer's Button! done in Lizbeth, size 20, #102 Western Sunset (left) and #141 Purple Twist (Right).  For a printable pdf of this pattern CLICK HERE



Jennifer’s Button         
by Patricia Lyn Cobb

1- ¾ inch 2-hole button
2 shuttles wound CTM (6 yards each)


Round 1
*start
Ring: 10ds attach to button 10ds Cl
Ch:10ds                                                              
Continue joining first six rings to the first button hole and the second six rings to the second button hole until you have 12 chains and 12 rings.  Attach the 12th chain to the base of the first ring.  Continue to Round 2 -- do not cut and tie.

Round 2
(If you use the magic thread trick, you will want to make arrangements to hide your final ends in this round.)

Chain: 12ds Lj to the base of the next ring of Round 1.  Continue all the way around, lj to the base of each ring.  Finish the round by joining to the base of ring 1.  Continue to Round 3--do not cut and tie.  RW

Round 3
SS
“Mock onion ring” Ring 10ds-10ds Cl, Chain 12ds+12ds. Cl
SS
Chain 15ds.
SS Josephine Knot 15(last half of ds only) SS
Chain 15ds. (skip one section and join to next section of motif.)
Continue all around to the final join above Ring 1.
Cut and hide ends.





10 comments:

  1. My camera does that too :) I think it is battery changing time. I love your pattern, especially it is for 2 holes and all are lovely to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of the more innovative button patterns I've ever seen.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely designs and thank you for sharing
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the design & hope to try it soon. Thank you so much for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my readers!