He knows my name!

My life verse: "I will give you the treasures of darkness And hidden riches of secret places, That you may know that I, the Lord, Who call you by your name, Am the God of Israel." (Isaiah 45:3). For me, "the treasures of darkness" has been the medically-treated depression that I have suffered off and on with for years. More than anything else in my life, I think this has made me realize how much my Savior loves me and has deepened my relationship with God. The "hidden riches of secret places" are my wonderful family and this fabulous craft--tatting! I thank God for both!
I think it is awesome that God knows my name! Did you know that He knows yours?

Monday, August 24, 2015

Shirt Back--Gideon's Gate Button

My reader's will be glad to read that this is the last post about my shirt--unless I decorate it further!  I'd like to share the other pattern I developed--it is an extremely easy pattern!  To get a printable pdf of this pattern CLICK HERE



Gideon's Gate Button!

(left) Lizbeth, size 20, #155--Ocean Sunset

(right) Lizbeth size 20, #174--Girly Girl




 Gideon’s Gate Button
by Patricia Lyn Cobb
 You will need two tatting shuttles wound CTW and a 5/8 inch 4 hole button.

Picots:
    -- Long Picot
    - Short Joining

+ Join
 



Arrange to work your ends 
(when you are finished) into Ring A.

Ring A   6  --   3   -   3    Close Ring.
Ring B     3  +   3   --   3    Join b1  3  -- 3 -  3   Close   Ring.
Ring C     3  +   3  --  6    Close Ring.
Reverse Work.

Chain 25.
Switch Shuttles.

Ring D              6  --   3   -   3    Close Ring.
Ring E     3  +   3   --   3  --   3  -- 3 -  3   Close Ring.
Ring F     3  +   3  --  6    Close Ring.
Switch shuttles.

Chain 25.
Repeat (Ring A-Ring F 3 times—each time joining into the next button hole) as you continue around the button, finishing and working your ends into the original Ring A.



Finished shirt back:


6 comments:

  1. Very nice pattern!! :)
    I am totally jealous about how beautiful that shirt is!!!!! :)
    You did an awesome job!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I enjoy wearing the shirt--it starts a lot of "tatting" conversations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice design. Do I know the name sake?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A six-years-old (next week) bundle of snips, and snails and puppy-dog tails that I am honored to have call me "Grandma!"

      Delete
  4. I love the shirt. You did a great job of tatting and sewing them on in a balanced way.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my readers!