He knows my name!

My life verse: "I will give you the treasures of darkness And hidden riches of secret places, That you may know that I, the Lord, Who call you by your name, Am the God of Israel." (Isaiah 45:3). For me, "the treasures of darkness" has been the medically-treated depression that I have suffered off and on with for years. More than anything else in my life, I think this has made me realize how much my Savior loves me and has deepened my relationship with God. The "hidden riches of secret places" are my wonderful family and this fabulous craft--tatting! I thank God for both!
I think it is awesome that God knows my name! Did you know that He knows yours?

Monday, March 14, 2016

Their Five Year Mission


As I tried to think of ways to teach the techniques in the edging pattern I will be teaching at Finger Lakes in April, this little pattern emerged!  Georgia Seitz is introduced it in the online Tatting Class today (Monday, 3/14/16).


One of the techniques used in my edging and this pattern is the Celtic Knotted Picot, created by Bina Madden.  It is taught here: http://paradisetreasures.com/ckp.html  I have put together two photographic tutorials--one on  Measuring a Celtic Knotted Picot and the other on Adding Multiple Celtic Knotted Picots in a Single Ring.  They will be available in the next blog post.  In the following post, I will have a tutorial on the Catherine Wheel Join.

For a printable pdf of this pattern CLICK HERE



I did do the project in size 20.  The size 20 project fits on a 1.25 diameter
Their Five Year Mission--size 20
ring (measuring the inside of the ring.)  I had a lot of trouble finding a ring to put it on....I finally found this 'Oval Pendant Finding" at Hobby Lobby.    I finally had to adapt it, using my "button shank removers" to cut off the outside ring, and my "bead reamers" to file the ring smooth--(you make do with what you have!)  The stitch count was adapted slightly on Round 3 to accommodate the oval shape.







6 comments:

  1. Thank you! (I "prettied" the pattern up a bit after your comment)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Patricia, for a great tutorial and practice piece. I've added the links to Element-al Design. I, too, was, still am, a Star Trek fan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! (I am so glad you have spent the time and effort to put together the Element-al lists and have shared them with the tatting community! Thank you!)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my readers!