He knows my name!

My life verse: "I will give you the treasures of darkness And hidden riches of secret places, That you may know that I, the Lord, Who call you by your name, Am the God of Israel." (Isaiah 45:3). For me, "the treasures of darkness" has been the medically-treated depression that I have suffered off and on with for years. More than anything else in my life, I think this has made me realize how much my Savior loves me and has deepened my relationship with God. The "hidden riches of secret places" are my wonderful family and this fabulous craft--tatting! I thank God for both!
I think it is awesome that God knows my name! Did you know that He knows yours?

Monday, July 12, 2010

Lace Escape IV--part 4
















Sunday morning, Maggie taught me some new techniques. The first was a "dizzy picot." Mark Myers (Tat-man) explains this technique http://www.tat-man.net/tatterville/howtotat/DP/DP.html . Maggie and I were laughing and talking about different things, when she said that she wished she could see butterflies illustrating new techniques--well Maggie, here is my Dizzy Picot Butterfly!

The next technique that we worked on was Maltese Rings. Martha Ess has a good explanation of how to do these at http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=87&subpageid=30108&ck= . One of the ladies asked what we were doing and I pointed to the samples of Maltese Rings, and laughed that it had "outie" and "innie" picots. Maggie immediately said that my future Maltese Ring Butterfly was to be named "The Belly-Button Butterfly."

Words cannot explain how much fun I had with these ladies. I really broadened my tatting techniques and skills. The retreat center was lovely and peaceful, and the company was fantastic. Now to save my pennies so that I can attend Lace Escape V!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my readers!