He knows my name!

My life verse: "I will give you the treasures of darkness And hidden riches of secret places, That you may know that I, the Lord, Who call you by your name, Am the God of Israel." (Isaiah 45:3). For me, "the treasures of darkness" has been the medically-treated depression that I have suffered off and on with for years. More than anything else in my life, I think this has made me realize how much my Savior loves me and has deepened my relationship with God. The "hidden riches of secret places" are my wonderful family and this fabulous craft--tatting! I thank God for both!
I think it is awesome that God knows my name! Did you know that He knows yours?

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Shirt Front

Too long between posts!  Computer problems..... Fibromyalgia flares....   Migraines..... Isn't life wonderful?  I'm learning to really enjoy the good days and to realize that the bad days don't last forever!


It was a "given."  I had to have a butterfly on the front of the shirt--they are the "chosen motif" of the Palmetto Tatters!  The butterfly on the front of my shirt is the "Tatted Button-Fly" by Birgit Phelps.  I did it in Lizeth, size 20, colors 646 (Purple Iris Light) and 647 (Purple Iris Dark).
The pattern is available here:  http://www.webring.org/l/rd?ring=thetattedlaceweb;id=1;url=http%3A%2F%2Fwebspace.webring.com 
 %2Fpeople%2Fqb%2Fbirgit_ph%2Fbuttonfly.html  



I wanted to put a little heart next to the Palmetto logo...Jane Eborall's Button My Heart was just the ticket.  The heart was done in Lizbeth, size 20, #634 (Violet/Pink Med.).  I chose to hide my ends in the very last ring (Ring 15) instead of finishing the heart with beads.  The pattern is available here -- http://www.janeeborall.freeservers.com/buttonheart2010.pdf


The little circular motif was my own design...just fooling around to see what I could do, using size 20,  Lizbeth,  #141 (Purple Twist) and 647 (Purple Iris Dark).  


 









 The tiny snowflakes spaced between the buttons and buttonholes are from the pattern that was used the year I went to Palmettos for their Tat-Off.  I definitely didn't make THAT MANY during the tat-off, WOW!  Were there some fast tatters there!  .

5 comments:

  1. Awesome shirt!!! :)
    Hope you are feeling much better!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you--I really enjoy wearing the shirt out in public!

    I'm learning that "better" depends on the time of day, weather, what I've eaten and how full is my schedule! I've learned it is too easy to sit and do nothing on a bad day--and it is as harmful to overdo on a good day. It is all a learning process about how to adapt for me (for example: handicap parking tag...my DH is putting in a handicapped accessible bathroom for me downstairs), but I know that nothing is a surprise to God, and He holds my future in His hands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely butterfly, I have just been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and I am finding the bad days really are bad, I have a long wait for my first hosiptal appointment which has been moved further back to nearly the end of May.
    I am sure anyone who sees your coat will enjoy your tatting
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the compliment. Margaret, I'm putting you on my prayer list--I hate to say it--but get on every prayer warrior's list that you know--some days I think that is all that gets me through. I read last week, "Fibro won't kill you, but there are times when you wish it would." (I agree!) I've had fibro symptoms for years--it started getting REALLY bad last summer. I didn't get a diagnosis until January of this year--and that changed so many things for the better! a) I have a medical diagnosis and all the pain and stiffness (and other symptoms) are "not in my head--I actually had one dr. tell me that and referred me to a psychiatrist! b) proper drug therapy-although they are still "tweaking" mine. c) the ability to read on the internet what others are doing to deal with this! (for example--once I started avoiding nightshade vegetables and went low gluten and dairy, sugar and salt, I saw an immediate decrease in stiffness). I've learned that I could very easily rent my body to the National Weather Service as I am a human barometer...I can almost plan to have bad days during cold days and storms. Don''t give up Margaret -- God has a plan for your life and fibro is just one of the companions on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice shirt and its color is very nice.I really like this and I am sure you looks awesome in this shirt.
    Hotmail Change Password

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my readers!