He knows my name!

My life verse: "I will give you the treasures of darkness And hidden riches of secret places, That you may know that I, the Lord, Who call you by your name, Am the God of Israel." (Isaiah 45:3). For me, "the treasures of darkness" has been the medically-treated depression that I have suffered off and on with for years. More than anything else in my life, I think this has made me realize how much my Savior loves me and has deepened my relationship with God. The "hidden riches of secret places" are my wonderful family and this fabulous craft--tatting! I thank God for both!
I think it is awesome that God knows my name! Did you know that He knows yours?

Friday, August 31, 2018

Tatting Time at my house!


Well, my wonderful readers (do I deserve readers when my blog is so neglected?)  this is a post that I was working on in late May. Quite a few things have happened since then (which I will hopefully post soon)
 
Cynthia!  My traveling buddy! 
 In my last post, I discussed not getting to go to Finger Lakes. 😢😢😢   I did get a very special "Tatting Time"!!   Cynthia -- my traveling companion -- who was "robbed" of her Finger Lakes trip when the doctor cancelled my participation -- came to my house and stayed a couple of days.  We had our very own Tat and Chat from morning till late late at night!  It was so much fun!  I am so grateful for her friendship.   


I love the questions when you go to the hospital....One of my favorites is "Have you fallen recently?  Well--I am a KLUTZ...I have been all my life--my nickname in fourth grade was TripIt.  One of the worst fights I ever heard my parents have was my father not wavering from his faith and upbringing saying "Baptists don't dance" and my mother wanting to find a way to teach me where my hands and feet were by having me take dance lessons.  So now, can I add my complete lack of rhythm to my lack of instruction in dance?   Well, I wish I had a video of the fall I took in front of Cynthia the last morning of her visit. I was hurrying into the kitchen and stepped on a plastic lid that had fallen out of the cabinet.  The lid decided to act as poor hoverboard and my body proceeded to skid across the floor.I'm not sure how things can just take seconds in real life, but in my mind I see a series of snapshots taken This one consisted of "oohhhh the arthritic big toes just smashed into the cabinets:  "knees bang into cabinets" "my tailbone just impacted with the floor'  "Wham! Hips hit the floor" "Shoulderblades slam into the tiles next" Then "Bump, bump. bump, bump, bump my head collides (I promise it bounced!) with the floor.  Oh well, so I walk like the rusty tin man for a few days.... So, at the end of April,  I answer yes to the hospital question and I am admitted with a "High Fall Risk" bracelet in neon yellow (definitely not my color!--I don't have anything to wear that will match it.....   Worse than that, they put the bed rails up -- I am trapped!  For fourteen days, I get to look at hospital walls instead of my home's.  Notice how I slipped my two week hospital stay into our blog conversation?


This time I "did it to myself"...I had a night when I didn't sleep... went to bed at 5a.m.   Around 9:30 I had a reflus attack, and aspirated.  I called my husband to come get me, I thought (incorrectly) that if I got to the ER quick enough they could suction my lungs out....no... they hung the usual antibiotics.  This was followed by different drugs, different doctors, pushing my fluids one day and dehydrating me the next....  My lactic acid levels were too high and they couldn't get them for days....
1)detrimental or deadly   2) 14 days (not my usual 5 ) and I came home with home health checking on me  

I need to have my every other year endoscopy/upper GI.  The dr. refused to do it at the usual surgery center(s) here or in Tulsa, but is doing it in an operating room--fully equiped and fully staffed.  (He said to do less would be insane with my lungs in their condition.  Will they take lab work from this stay in a "sister" hospital for my "pre-op"?  Turns out....yes!  But they are still requiring me to go to Tulsa for a pre-op visit.....argh .

A few Monday's ago, my dear friend Donna--who has so very generously driven me to to Tulsa every other week this year for my muscle release therapy appointments... and I arrived home to an unexpected package on my porch!

This post has been waiting months for pictures to be downloaded from one device to another.... I downloaded these few pictures.  I will try to update you on my "life' and find out about my package when I post next (hopefully soon!)

Thread and notions at Tatting Corner

7 comments:

  1. Only you can make such a slip and fall sound funny :-D I just hope your sense of humour never takes a fall ;-P
    My best wishes always ...& nice pic of Cyn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some people that are just easy to make fun of -- I really wish I was NOT one of them!
      Cynthia and I had such a good time! When I spoke to her last she was trying to clear calendar space to come again! :)

      Delete
  2. Yea now you can do all those things you wanted to do 😀 love the socks😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sure missed being there!
      Your reply reminds me of that old joke: The doctor says "After surgery you will be able to do all the things you want to do" Patient, "I will be able to play the violin?" Doctor--"I didn't know you played the violin" Patient, " I don't...."
      My father was in the hospital last fall. He told me that he thought that the socks were color coded. Yellow socks meant that you didn't follow the rules! -- I asked a nurse and she said that told her a lot about me. {What in the world could she have meant? :)}

      Delete
  3. No more falls please...I was sad to miss you both this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We missed you too! I wish the "no more falls" was that easy...I have never broken anything, but I have had sprains that were still in splints 7 months after I went BOOM! It is the cardiologist and pulmonologist, not the orthopedist that is putting the kibosh on my trip. (How do you like the word "kibosh"--I had to look up how to spell it!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you stop falling around, and soon feel better, sounds like you have had a rough time, love the socks

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my readers!