He knows my name!

My life verse: "I will give you the treasures of darkness And hidden riches of secret places, That you may know that I, the Lord, Who call you by your name, Am the God of Israel." (Isaiah 45:3). For me, "the treasures of darkness" has been the medically-treated depression that I have suffered off and on with for years. More than anything else in my life, I think this has made me realize how much my Savior loves me and has deepened my relationship with God. The "hidden riches of secret places" are my wonderful family and this fabulous craft--tatting! I thank God for both!
I think it is awesome that God knows my name! Did you know that He knows yours?

Thursday, September 17, 2020

Still Alive!

Oh wow!  I just looked at  my blog and I haven't had a new post since September of last year....I am so sorry!  And this isn't really a tatting post now.  It is more of a "I'm still alive, don't give up on me!"  

In the last three years I have spent more than 60 days in the hospital--most of it for pneumonia.  I have been on oxygen 24/7 for the last two years.

Last August, I asked my primary dr. for a referral to an orthopedist because my right knee has been giving me fits for several years.  That night, I tore the cartilage in my left knee.  Both knees need replaced (for the last ten months or so, you can add crutches to the items that the oxygen hose likes to wrap around.  I am slowly becoming one with my recliner!.  Due to my health, finding a surgeon who would accept me for "elective surgery" (I disagree--I realize your knees do not keep you alive, but without them your "living" is very diminished.)  First surgery was scheduled for April and cancelled by the pandemic.  Next I had an August date, and because of my second hospital stay this summer, I missed my surgeon pre-op visit and hospital pre-op visit.  Now we are scheduled for late November--if I can still get cardiac and pulmonary clearance.

Last little update on how my body is falling apart...bursitis in both shoulders is bad enough on the right that I cannot reach up or reach out without "yelping."  Hoping the knees still take priority.

Because of my low immune system, I have basically been isolated since September.  Does anyone else feel like yelling from your co-vid isolation "Is anyone else out there?"

 I am a first-born competitive person.  I have had 6 (or 7) co-vid tests (you remember the scene from "The Mummy"where they talk about how mummies were made?  They stick a red-hot poker up your nose and scramble your brains with it, then they pull your brains out through your nose...   I think this cinema scene must have been a favorite of whoever designed the covid test....    Well I think they have removed the few brain cells I had...so 6 or 7 tests plus a (drawn blood) antibody test (all negative)....Can you beat my record?   (Those in the medical field are not allowed to compete--but THANK YOU for taking care of us!)

 I am mourning the late-summer death of my computer hard-drive.  Like the saying "the cobbler's children have no shoes"... the computer teacher's wife's computer was not backed up.  None of my files were recoverable.

Because of my sleeping disorder, I have not done a lot of tatting.  When I do, it is usually a gift that is given away before I remember to take a picture.  

You, my internet friends ARE important to me!  I am going to try to make my blog a priority so we can keep in touch!



4 comments:

  1. Firstly lovely to see you back blogging,
    I think we must be united in pain, I hope they will do your knee op, I know it a hard life in pain, I have bursitis in my hips so I can relate to your pain in your shoulder.
    This virus has a lot to answer for, its stopped a lot of treatment to many types of illness here in the UK including cancer treatment.
    What makes me cross is when people cant see or understand that this virus is real and is causing so much trouble around the world.
    Please take care and I hope your knees are done and you can walk again hopefully without too much pain. sending you love and a hug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!i have a couple of friends who are disabled. When we get together, every one shares their latest medical woes- not a pity party but an update in case we need to be aware of possible crisis. It is hard to describe the sisterhood that has developed —a gift from God in my life!

      Delete
  2. Hope all goes well and that you'll be walking without pain soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Anything will be an improvement—which is a good thing—because I think at this point I have forgotten what normal feels like!

      Delete

I love comments from my readers!