He knows my name!

My life verse: "I will give you the treasures of darkness And hidden riches of secret places, That you may know that I, the Lord, Who call you by your name, Am the God of Israel." (Isaiah 45:3). For me, "the treasures of darkness" has been the medically-treated depression that I have suffered off and on with for years. More than anything else in my life, I think this has made me realize how much my Savior loves me and has deepened my relationship with God. The "hidden riches of secret places" are my wonderful family and this fabulous craft--tatting! I thank God for both!
I think it is awesome that God knows my name! Did you know that He knows yours?

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Finger Lakes 2014 Post 6--Sundae Pincushion

Underside of "Sundae Bowl"
"Top" of the bowl of Ice Cream!
Side view
Well, isn't it about time I started talking about tatting? My first class Saturday morning was this Sundae Pincushion taught by Vicki Clarke. I love her patterns, they are always so fun, original, and well explained.  She is also a very good, funny teacher.  It is done in size three thread, which was available through Vicki in a kit for $2. (So I don't know the official color of my "sundae").   Also in the kit, she provided you a circle of felt for the ice cream, and fiberfill to stuff the sundae. I didn't have quite enough thread in my kit to make the cherry on top of my sundae, so I used some thread in another color also size three given to me by a friend. 

Vicki warned us that if you do this pattern, make sure that you make your picots large (at least 1/2 inch) on the rosette on the bottom.  This was good advice!  She also joined between the second and third rows of the rosette to start the "upward" split chains and chains to avoid tying and cutting.  

3 comments:

I love comments from my readers!