He knows my name!

My life verse: "I will give you the treasures of darkness And hidden riches of secret places, That you may know that I, the Lord, Who call you by your name, Am the God of Israel." (Isaiah 45:3). For me, "the treasures of darkness" has been the medically-treated depression that I have suffered off and on with for years. More than anything else in my life, I think this has made me realize how much my Savior loves me and has deepened my relationship with God. The "hidden riches of secret places" are my wonderful family and this fabulous craft--tatting! I thank God for both!
I think it is awesome that God knows my name! Did you know that He knows yours?

Friday, April 11, 2014

Finger Lakes Post 3--"Goodie Bags"




Every year, I anticipate the "Goodie Bag" from Finger Lakes.  It is like a little Christmas present!  This year did not let me down at all!  Inside my lovely little turquoise bag--which will be a lovely tatting tote in the future was (let me take you on a clockwise tour.).  At 11:30, we have some wonderful 3X3 post-it-notes.    At 2:00, resting on an orange tulle bag, are a neat pair of hand-tatted earrings--what was really neat, was looking around, when everyone opened their goodie bags--everyone's earring's were different!  Down at 5:00 was a star eraser and a mini-altoid tin that held a striver (a striver is a place-holder for your tatting, if you didn't know.)  It also held two bread ties, these are great for using as emergency shuttles for teaching people to tat, or for winding bits of thread on.  It also had a beautiful beaded pin in it--once again, the strivers and beaded pins were different in everyone's boxes.  At 6:00 we got to chose from a basket that held little boxes of beads or little tiny statues of birds--I picked the beads.  Towards the left of the altoids tin is a strip of nylon cover for a ball of thread.  At about 7-8:00 came the part that will have me thinking for the next year--the challenge item.  It is gorgeous-- dk. to lt. green, gold, and  ecru thread, donated by Ginny Weathers, hand-dyed by Karey Solomon and a charm... with next year's theme: Lake Sea and Shore.  

Thank you so much to all who donated--to all who put organized and put it together-- I appreciate all you do to make this weekend special!

4 comments:

  1. Wowweeeee, I LOVE Karey's HDT. So subtle with the colour changes. You had a lovely goodie bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karey said when she retires she will teach a class in how to dye thread! I loved our goodie bags this year!

      Delete
  2. I read your last few posts. What a blessing to be able to go to Finger Lakes! So glad for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The trip has truly been a blessing. I love meeting all the people for real that you "meet" online. You get a chance to learn techniques from teachers firsthand. You get to see books before you buy them and look at all the threads and all other "goodies" that the vendors bring. It is truly a delight!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my readers!