He knows my name!

My life verse: "I will give you the treasures of darkness And hidden riches of secret places, That you may know that I, the Lord, Who call you by your name, Am the God of Israel." (Isaiah 45:3). For me, "the treasures of darkness" has been the medically-treated depression that I have suffered off and on with for years. More than anything else in my life, I think this has made me realize how much my Savior loves me and has deepened my relationship with God. The "hidden riches of secret places" are my wonderful family and this fabulous craft--tatting! I thank God for both!
I think it is awesome that God knows my name! Did you know that He knows yours?

Sunday, August 6, 2017

The Cobbs are in the News!

My husband interned at  Hilldale High School in Muskogee the year the first graduating class walked across the stage.  He started in the Math Department.  His sister, who taught computers (Nine Commodore Pets--remember?) took a sabbatical one year....his principal called him with the interesting question..."Do you want to volunteer to take over the Computer Department, or shall assign it to you?"  32 years later, there were 500 computers in the high school and the next year would have brought a grand-child of one of his students into his classroom.  I really thought part of his bloodstream contained mortar from the Hilldale buildings....but 

          A man's heart deviseth his way: but the Lord directeth his steps.  Proverbs 16:9

Three years ago, my husband left Hilldale, to teach computers and become IT Director for Muskogee High School.  He has 750 computers and 1600 laptops in eleven buildings that he has to co-ordinate to keep operating.  He teaches a few Microsoft office classes, but his "pride and joy" are his computer repair classes.  He has a three-year program--and his students that finish it receive a certificate from the state of Oklahoma that says that they are a Computer Technician with two years of experience.  They also can take several nationally known computer and business knowledge tests while a student--most at the program's expense.  Recently a reporter came out and  did an article about his programs.

 http://click.bsftransmit33.com/SocialMedia.aspx?pubids=2874%7C32480%7C6&digest=sNEpqBjv3ijcMdufEGaOFg&sysid=1&1=3&2=0



While she was interviewing my husband, I was in the next room tatting.  I became the source of her next article.

 http://www.muskogeephoenix.com/news/okie-from-muskogee-cobb-shares-her-talents-with-others/article_e9caf474-59a9-5683-8d55-75fb91686c84.html 

I expected a one column article with a picture...a) it was in the Sunday paper b) it was a full page article c) online they posted a video of me tatting and d) the article was also posted on facebook with a few pictures that weren't in the paper!

This afternoon, I heard from my fourth grade Sunday School teacher who had seen the article!  I hope that it not only puts me in touch with more people from  my past, but that it also sends some people that are interested in learning how to tat my direction!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful article ! And great to see some of your work and getting to know you, of course :-) Didn't find any video, though ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We looked for the video and couldn't find it either. (You didn't miss anything-it was a closeup of my hands doing a double stitch, then a closer picture of the " flip". My husband says it was in the promotional videos " what is coming in the paper tomorrow " and may be a temporary item.

      Delete

I love comments from my readers!