He knows my name!

My life verse: "I will give you the treasures of darkness And hidden riches of secret places, That you may know that I, the Lord, Who call you by your name, Am the God of Israel." (Isaiah 45:3). For me, "the treasures of darkness" has been the medically-treated depression that I have suffered off and on with for years. More than anything else in my life, I think this has made me realize how much my Savior loves me and has deepened my relationship with God. The "hidden riches of secret places" are my wonderful family and this fabulous craft--tatting! I thank God for both!
I think it is awesome that God knows my name! Did you know that He knows yours?

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Part 2 Finger Lakes Tatting Seminar



Every year, at the seminar you have the option to draw a name and play Secret Angel. You must sneak a gift to someone, and see if they can guess that you are their Secret Angel. At the same time, someone else is trying to sneak and give you a gift undetected. Well, my secret angel went totally undetected until it was time to reveal yourself during the last few hours of the seminar. I was stumped! I received my gift within the first hour of the seminar on Saturday...and I didn't have a clue who it was. It was Karey Solomon! I should have guessed with the beautiful hand dyed threads in the metal tin....and the little glass baubles. Karey has out a new book about baubles and beads...I wanted to buy it, but ran out of $$. Along with the thread was a cute little bottle full of all different kinds and sizes of buttons.

Karey was the teacher of my first class. She sent "homework" to us a few weeks before the seminar, so that we would be prepared for the class. It was a round piece of fabric that we were to add blue and green thread on and create the illusion of earth and sky. In class, she taught us how to make floating chains....josephine floating chains. A new technique for me. The pattern was merely suggestions...make five leaves on a stem...this is how to create a 3-D rosebud, and this is how to make a 3-D rose. You created your own rose bush however you wanted it. She then had some beautiful felt, wool and bottle caps to make your own tiny little pin cushion. I sort of went my own way at this point and decided that I needed to frame mine. I also left off the little gold beads that were to be added to the large rose. Here is mine matted, minus the frame.

2 comments:

I love comments from my readers!