He knows my name!

My life verse: "I will give you the treasures of darkness And hidden riches of secret places, That you may know that I, the Lord, Who call you by your name, Am the God of Israel." (Isaiah 45:3). For me, "the treasures of darkness" has been the medically-treated depression that I have suffered off and on with for years. More than anything else in my life, I think this has made me realize how much my Savior loves me and has deepened my relationship with God. The "hidden riches of secret places" are my wonderful family and this fabulous craft--tatting! I thank God for both!
I think it is awesome that God knows my name! Did you know that He knows yours?

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Part 1 Finger Lakes Tatting Seminar









I was blessed to attend the Finger Lakes Tatting Group's 13th International Tatting Seminar (formerly Hector Tat Days) again this year. Last year we received a small clay pot in our "goodie bags." Their challenge was for us to decorate it with this year's theme "Tatting Along the Garden Path" and enter it this year in a competition. These little turtles and their vegetable and flower gardens were my entry. I like to think the "wife" is welcoming her "husband" home to their ivy covered palace (I mean pot) as he comes down the tatted trail. My "home sweet home" didn't come in first place.


The winner tatted a beautful, imitation "tatting fern." (Yes, there actually is such a plant!) I was told that it was a close race and the little turtle abode came in second.

I wanted this beautiful ornament by Ginny Weathers, author of The Twelve Ornaments of Christmas because I thought it symbolized so well the theme of this years seminar. I was able to win the silent auction bid on it. Their auction goes toward their scholarship funds.


Stay tuned for further posts which will show what I learned and experienced at the seminar.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful little turtle home sweet home! You did a great job! :)
    Love the tatted floral pot!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my readers!