He knows my name!

My life verse: "I will give you the treasures of darkness And hidden riches of secret places, That you may know that I, the Lord, Who call you by your name, Am the God of Israel." (Isaiah 45:3). For me, "the treasures of darkness" has been the medically-treated depression that I have suffered off and on with for years. More than anything else in my life, I think this has made me realize how much my Savior loves me and has deepened my relationship with God. The "hidden riches of secret places" are my wonderful family and this fabulous craft--tatting! I thank God for both!
I think it is awesome that God knows my name! Did you know that He knows yours?

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Part 3 Finger Lakes Tatting Seminar





Saturday afternoon I was in the Celtic Knotted Picot Ornament Motif class taught by Bina Madden. I'd never met Bina Madden before and I really enjoyed her. She has an "intense" personality and a lovely laugh. She described herself as a "tatting technician"--and she could really explain how to do a technique.


The list of techniques needed to make her motif was intimidating: Beaded Celtic Knotted Picot, Split Rings and Rings on Rings, Beads in a Picot, Mock Ring Chain with beaded base. The Celtic Picot was a new technique for me. Actually though, if you took the motif one ds at a time, it wasn't bad at all.


The base of the ornament basically was done in four quarters....I unfortunately was so enthralled that I had "gotten" the technique that I didn't pay attention and joined the 3rd quarter to the first quarter....with the metallic thread, I gave up at that point and spent some time talking to the people around me for a few minutes (it was almost time for the class to be over.)


When I got home I practiced with some lovely size 10 Lizbeth thread and pink beads that were in our "goodie" bag from the seminar....you'll see them show up in a future post when I decorate a t-shirt with them....Anyway, once I got the technique down cold using the metallic thread, I was able to make all four parts of her motif, which is supposed to be two-sided and can be worn as a pendant.


However at this point I decided I liked just the first two parts, and since I don't wear many necklaces anyway, I put them on a covered notebook that I was making. I also changed the design abit by turning the second part a quarter of a turn. I like the way the beads looked that way.

1 comment:

I love comments from my readers!