He knows my name!

My life verse: "I will give you the treasures of darkness And hidden riches of secret places, That you may know that I, the Lord, Who call you by your name, Am the God of Israel." (Isaiah 45:3). For me, "the treasures of darkness" has been the medically-treated depression that I have suffered off and on with for years. More than anything else in my life, I think this has made me realize how much my Savior loves me and has deepened my relationship with God. The "hidden riches of secret places" are my wonderful family and this fabulous craft--tatting! I thank God for both!
I think it is awesome that God knows my name! Did you know that He knows yours?

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Hector-Celtic Blessing Box


A very busy person at the Hector Tat Days was Karey Solomon. She publishes Tatting Times, and also has a shop, I think it is called Fiber Arts Studio. She designed the cutest fabric-covered blessing box and an intricate Celtic Motif to go on top of it. I had a fit with the size 50 thread that she provided in our kit...I've never worked with thread that small, and I kept breaking the thread. I was also having trouble seeing the knots (I have failing eyesight.) Then I misread the directions--to make a long story short, when I got home, I redid the Celtic Motif in size 20 Lizbeth threads. I used white beads, which don't show up well (in person, or in the picture.) If I were to do it again, I would definitely use colored beads. Picture C shows the motif before I put it on my blessing box. This was my first time to ever work with tatting and buttons together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my readers!