He knows my name!

My life verse: "I will give you the treasures of darkness And hidden riches of secret places, That you may know that I, the Lord, Who call you by your name, Am the God of Israel." (Isaiah 45:3). For me, "the treasures of darkness" has been the medically-treated depression that I have suffered off and on with for years. More than anything else in my life, I think this has made me realize how much my Savior loves me and has deepened my relationship with God. The "hidden riches of secret places" are my wonderful family and this fabulous craft--tatting! I thank God for both!
I think it is awesome that God knows my name! Did you know that He knows yours?

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Palmettos Tat Days Part 6


SOME ASSORTED AND RAMBLING NOTES ABOUT PALMETTOS




Palmettos has a "Give-Away Table" full of things others wish to "gift" to others.  I picked up these three plastic containers.  They are just perfect for holding patterns or pieces of patterns that I have made permanent and portable by covering them with Scotch Photo Laminating Sheets.wish(I like the 3 in. x 4 in. size).





Marie Smith had a class on Thursday night (that we missed) where they made her "Everybody Needs an Angel" pattern.  It is my understanding that most of the people in the class made multiple angels and donated the extras to Marie--who gives these away.  I was in a class, later in the conference with Marie.  She gave me this little precious angel decorated with a charm to commemorate the event.



 
Someone had the nifty idea to provide stickers to hang from our nametags.  It was so neat to see the
different descriptions that people had picked for themselves!  I didn't find the stickers until late on Saturday--so never did attach mine to my nametag--but these are what I picked for myself.







Kathy Hodge
I met Kathy Hodge through the internet after I attended Palmettos Tat Days in 2011.  She encouraged me to return to Palmettos for the next few years, but I was unable to "make it work".  She also has been an important email and prayer partner for me over the last few years.  It was SO exciting to meet her in person--putting a face on all those emails!  Kathy welcomed me to Palmettos with a gift bag that she had put together.  The water bottle holder has been so handy, however--it was the small notebook that came in especially handy while at Palmettos!  Thank you again, Kathy!


JB Locke
motif tatted by JB Locke

 I got into a gift exchange several- several years ago....I'm not sure for what occasion or theme.  I just know that whoever got my submission got gypped--I had no idea what I was doing....    Anyway, JB Locke received my name--and I got lovely things from her.  One of the many items was this tatted motif.  I contacted her, wondering where the lovely pattern came from--her reply was my introduction to the fantastic patterns by Mary Konior.  I about dropped my teeth when introductions were made in one of my classes, and this lady with the hugest smile said she was JB Locke!  How nice to put a face on a memory!

If you think the Palmettos Tat Days is just an event for little old ladies.... remember Jennifer from Tatting Corner?  Her children were tatters and attended classes!  Also, forget the ladies only rule--I saw one or two men tatting and there was a rather large group of men accompanying their wives this year, and it looked like they had a lot of fun!
RM_TD2015_521.JPGRM_TD2015_522.JPG


I could never have attended the conference this year had it not been for the generosity of the
Flowers upon returning home!
PalmettosScholarship Commitee and Fund.  I would like to think everyone who has donated items and money to create this fund.  To find out how you can help with next year's Scholarship drive go to: http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art302369.asp/zz  My gratitude also goes to Cynthia, my wonderful friend, and someone who drives the entire distance without complaining, which makes the travel part of my trip possible and who puts up with me as a roommate.  Lastly, the understanding and support of my wonderful husband who encourages, supports and aids me in my love of this craft we call tatting.  His love and caring for me is something I can't explain but certainly value.  Knowing I am going home to him makes my the entire trip -- going and returning enjoyable.


I have no idea if or when I will be able to return to Palmettos--but I know I am already wishing I could attend Palmetto Tat Days 2016:  Tatting is Out of This World!




2 comments:

  1. I have been diligently reading all these posts & enjoying your narrative, accompanied by pics. Thank you for sharing all this - makes us feel right there in your tatting midst :-)
    Hope you get to attend All future events .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for following my blog! I'm glad I can share a small part of the pleasure of Palmettos with you!

      Delete

I love comments from my readers!